por Encar, October 27, 2011 8:41 am
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- 200 gr. flour
- 100 gr. at room temperature butter and a little more spread
- 80 gr. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 kg. quince
- 5 cdas. lemon juice
- 1/2 the. water
- 200 gr. sugar
- 1/8 the. white wine
- 8 white gelatin sheets
Today I propose a recipe with one of the quintessential autumn fruits: quinces. It is true that are virtually inedible raw, but if we stop to cook will find us with a tasty fruit, light (has very few calories) and suitable for a lot of culinary preparations: jams, quince, Jellies, quince in syrup,.. I bring the cake today was a bit of an experiment, a “to see what comes” and, maybe that's why, left us so surprised: Was very good!, perhaps, one of the richest cakes I've done lately. We are in times of quinces, buenísimos find them… I encourage that in this way probéis!, you will love. Here's the recipe..
- Prepare a mold 22 cm. in diameter, baking paper and dried beans.
- We began to prepare the pastry by sifting the flour into a bowl. Add the diced butter, powdered sugar, the egg and salt, and mix by hand all the ingredients. When we get some fine lumps begin to knead on a surface until the dough is perfectly smooth. The transparent paper wrap and let rest in refrigerator, at least, one hour.
- Roll out the dough and cold with a roller and put it in the mold, we will have previously buttered. If the dough breaks apart or unite and repositioned so that the mold is fully covered with a layer with a thickness and well bonded. Trim the excess dough from the edges with a sharp knife.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork and cover with parchment paper or silver. We put up a bunch of pulses (chickpeas, lima beans,..) and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven 180 º C.
- Once out, let cool slightly the bottom of cake and remove the paper and legumes.
- We prepare the filling. Quinces clean with a damp cloth and peel the skin generously eliminating. The quartered and extract the core with the seeds. Cut the flesh into cubes approximately 1.5 cm, watering them immediately with lemon juice so they do not obscure.
- Introducing the peelings and cores in a large pot and boil, leaving a 25 minutes after entering the water boiling.
- We strain the juice made from the peelings and cores, and we threw in another pot with chopped pulp and sugar. We let them boil not very strong until the pulp is tender but consistent. We remove from the heat, drain the quince pieces and let cool.
- Greatly reduce the remaining liquid from boiling the quince with white wine.
- Put the gelatine to soak in cold water for about 3 minutes. Half a glass of liquid separated mixture of quince juice and wine and add the gelatin, previously squeezed and drained. The melt in the liquid and add it to the rest. Mix well and let cool but without letting gelatinized.
- We put the fruits of quince and cold on the bottom of the cake, too cold and, and watered with liquid gelling. Let cool and serve.
Just add that, os is apetece, can serve the cake served with whipped cream. It can be a good supplement to add more sweetness to dessert, if you like sweet. Personally I think the cake has enough sugar to mask the tart flavor of quince, and does not need more. Well, I tell it to taste, colors. See you soon!
Enlace de la receta: http://www.encarsbakery.com/receta/tarta-de-membrillos/
Copyright ©2018 Encar's Bakery.